Do you have the drive and passion to assist all members of the community?
Do you want a challenging worthwhile role working alongside Police and Ambulance staff and a job with a difference.
LOCATION: Main base Southampton, Hampshire, However you can be expected to transfer across the UK and overseas.
SALARY & BENEFITS: TBC
WORKING HOURS: Part time - Bank and Self employed
THE ROLE: An exciting opportunity has arisen for Security Team to join a progressive and expanding company. You will be responsible for driving an Ambulance and transferring sick/injured patients / prisoners from hospital to hospital and to prison in any given area around the UK. You will work as a team of two who will take care of the patients'/ prisoners needs.
The purpose of the position is to provide and maintain a caring environment for emergency and non-emergency patients and provide a transport service as appropriate for the needs of the patient
* Preparing and driving an emergency and non-emergency vehicle
* Prepare and transfer patients appropriately from their homes to the ambulance, which may involve transporting them downstairs using a carry-chair or in restraint
* Remove and replace soiled linen and equipment in order to maintain sanitary conditions, preparing vehicle and equipment after each and every patient
* Replace supplies and disposable items in vehicles and re-stock
* Lifting and moving patients under emergency/non-emergency conditions, using appropriate equipment where necessary
* Reporting defects and deficiencies of the vehicles and equipment, and replace all items of vehicle inventory used
* Preparation of emergency/non-emergency equipment for use
* providing social care in emergency/non-emergency situations including situations involving death
* Complete all records and returns properly and promptly
* Perform cardio-pulmonary resuscitation and defibrillation as per protocol when required
* Carry out risk assessments at all incidents to assess hazards, then implement safe systems of work and reduce risk to yourself, patients and other persons involved.
* Working alongside Police services carrying out warrants.
This is list is by no means exhaustive and may be amended at any time
THE CANDIDATE: The ideal candidate will have a genuine commitment to the provision of an efficient and effective service. You will ideally have previous experience of working in an ambulance or Security environment. You should have the ability to work well under pressure, as part of a team and unsupervised. You will be committed to ongoing training and assessment to maintain competency in all skills. It would be an advantage if you have an understanding of the role of Security officer.
Key skills and experience required:-
* Current UK driving licence held for a minimum of 5 years with no more than 3 penalty points (Essential)
* Excellent communication skills both written and verbal (Essential)
* Current First Aid at Work certificate (Desirable)
If the answer is yes please log onto our website and goto the recruitment page You will be forwarded to an Online Application form to further strengthen your application and we will respond to you in due course.