Posted: 8 Jul 2014
The Art Room is a charity that offers a therapeutic intervention to children and young people who have difficulty engaging with their education due to challenges in their daily lives. Many are the most vulnerable children in their community, and are at risk of exclusion from mainstream education. Head office is based on the site of Oxford Spires Academy
The Art Room is now at an exciting period in its development and is expanding its operating areas into new schools in the UK. The post of Administrator is to support the administration, operational management and general running of the Art Room Office. The ideal candidate will be a super organised self-starter with a warm and friendly personality.
Our small busy team work on a wide range of projects in a fast-changing environment and we rely on the right systems being in place to help our office run smoothly. We’re looking for a well-organised Administrator to join our team who is able to pick up new information quickly and is a strong communicator. The role means you’ll carry out a wide range of tasks, working with a number of internal and external colleagues whilst dealing with numerous enquiries from those we work with.
Previous office experience is preferable, along with experience using Microsoft Office software. Strong literacy and numeracy skills and accurate attention to detail is also essential.
If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you. Please apply with reference to the below Job Description and sending your CV and covering letter to Natasha Forrest, Operations Manager, clicking "Reply to this Ad" below.
Applications to be received by 5pm 8th August to be considered.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend an interview the week commencing 8th September 2014.
To undertake the administration and the running of The Art Room office, based in Oxford Spires Academy, Oxford. In particular, to be the main point of contact for calls, deal with all daily administrative tasks, filing, and post and to provide office management support across the business. The Administrator will report to the Art Room Operations Manager, and work closely with the Office team as well as other members of staff.
• Carry out the day to day administration required to run the Art Room.
• Answer telephone enquiries and deal with answerphone messages.
• Maintain up-to-date and secure hard copy and electronic files.
• Maintain and order materials and supplies for the Art Rooms
• Maintain and order all stationery and other resources as required.
• Maintain and manage the Art Room databases.
• Manage the DBS checks for all staff and volunteers
• Deal with post and Art Room correspondence via letter and e-mail.
• Oversee all internal systems, equipment, insurance and any other tasks concerned with the smooth running of the office.
• Ensure that student records are kept up to date and liaise with schools when necessary.
• Prepare the agenda and collate all papers for Board meetings, liaising with Trustees regarding meeting arrangements.
• Record cheque, cash and CAF cheque payments on Salesforce and ensure all donations received are acknowledged in writing.
• Participate in planning and running events as directed by the Art Room Management team. These events occasionally fall outside of working hours.
• Organise and update information on database applications such as SalesForce.
• Oversee the office electronic diary
• Maintain the records of holiday allowance and holidays taken by each member of staff.
• Maintain sickness records for staff.
• Prepare and file the necessary documents for work experience and volunteers.
• Provide administrative support to the online referral system
• Work with colleagues to ensure that The Art Room adheres to data protection, health and safety and other workplace legislation.
• Provide additional administrative support for The Art Room’s Postgraduate Certificate and other training events
• To provide administrative support as required by the Founder Director or Operations Manager
• Excellent time management and ability to prioritise tasks and work on one’s initiative.
• Excellent organisational and administrative skills.
• PC literate with very good working knowledge of Word, Outlook, Excel, databases
• High level command of written English with excellent communication skills
• Flexible with a willingness to get involved in tasks that may occur outside the remit of the job from time to time e.g. preparation for and attendance at events.
• Creative thinker, responsive and willing to get involved as part of a team.
• Previous voluntary sector experience
• Previous administration experience
• Previous experience of using databases
• An interest in the work of The Art Room
Salary is £18,500 per annum for 5 days per week.
Holiday entitlement is 28 days plus bank holidays, to be taken mainly during school holidays.
There will be a probationary period of 6 months from the start of employment.
More photos (2):