Exciting opportunity for a new Chef de Partie / Junior Sous.
Now beautifully restored this former Georgian Gentleman’s Residence is now a stylish, 9 room, 4 Star Boutique Hotel with a cosy 8 table, 2 Rosette Restaurant, set in the stunning Yorkshire Dales.
Currently serving exciting British cuisine with global imagination and twists, in a relaxed, friendly environment to a very high standard. Working with experienced, multi rosette, Michelin trained Chefs in a small, highly motivated team.
Reporting directly to Head Chef, this is a lead role and you will be responsible for the kitchen in Chefs absence.
We only use the finest, fresh, local produce and you will be organised, efficient and reliable with an excellent eye for detail as well as flexible enough to work across all sections.
We offer full, and on-going, training if you bring the passion, enthusiasm, ambition and the will to succeed.
Would suit existing CDP looking for a new challenge or any CDP / Junior Sous looking for that important “step up”, and an opportunity to contribute to our continued growth.
Skills / Duties required:
• To assist run kitchen in absence of Head Chef
• Hands on experience of working with all fresh food, ideally at Rosette standard
• Right attitude and desire to learn
• All aspects of ordering, storing and preparing high quality food for our award winning restaurant
• Real passion for food
• Hires, trains, supervises, schedules and coordinates work of kitchen staff
• Ensures that high standards of sanitation and cleanliness are maintained throughout the kitchen areas at all times
• Safeguards all food preparation employees by supporting training to increase their knowledge about safety, sanitation, and accident prevention principles
• Consult with all staff about food production aspects of special events being planned
• Evaluate food products to ensure that quality standards are consistently attained
• Be calm, pleasant, helpful, tactful and enjoy dealing with ALL kinds of people
• Have strong communication skills
• Be able to motivate and manage others
• Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
• Work closely with management in the smooth running of the business
Hours and Environment
Hours could include days, evenings, weekends, public holidays and split shifts.
You will be working in the beautiful surroundings of The Frenchgate which include original artwork, sculpture, private gardens and antique furniture.
We are a forward thinking company offering a safe / reliable and pleasant working environment in keeping with the high quality service found throughout the hotel and restaurant.
Full training, support and development will be provided to the right candidate.
An attractive package will be offered to the right candidate, which could include temporary live in accommodation.
We are only looking for the best people, and not necessarily the most experienced.